Robertsdale, Alabama – October 24, 2018: Baldwin REALTORS® held its annual 2018 Annual Meeting and Installation of 2019 Officers Wednesday, Oct. 24 to welcome 16 Board Directors, including 2019 President Kandy Hines. Service for the new directors and officers begins immediately.
Stacey Sanders, President of the Alabama Association of REALTORS® (AAR) updated the membership on events occurring at the state level and conducted the oath of office for all directors. and Troy Wilson and Kandy Hines presented a Baldwin REALTORS® rebrand, strategic plan, and consumer campaign to the association membership.
“It’s an exciting time in our 59-year history to install new leaders in our technology-driven world,” said Sheila Dodson, CEO of Baldwin REALTORS®.
During installation, Baldwin REALTORS® reflected on its successful year in 2018 and all the things the association was able to accomplish under the 2018 Baldwin REALTORS® President, Troy Wilson.
- In 2018, Baldwin REALTORS® reached its 2018 Alabama REALTOR® Party Action Committee (ARPAC) goal of $80,478 and exceeding it by 10% for a total of $83,890. Baldwin REALTORS® has 20 major investors in RPAC, and 55% of the total membership contributes.
- This year, Baldwin REALTORS® received a $4,000 Smart Growth Grant to assist the city of Fairhope with a Visual Preference Survey.
- Baldwin REALTORS® donated of $5,000 to Feeding the Gulf Coast’s Backpack Program from the annual Shrimp Boil and Open House Blitz proceeds.
- In 2018, association membership grew 8%, beginning with 2,050 members in January and currently has 2,217 members.
- BCAR Multiple Listing Service use reflects 2,347 users at the beginning of 2018, and currently have 2,376 subscribers.
- Over 70 continuing education courses were held at the association for members, including CRS, CCIM, and GRI designation courses.
- The Gulf Coast Global Council was awarded the Silver Global Achievement Program Award by the National Association of REALTORS®
- Baldwin REALTORS® unveiled a new logo, name, and consumer campaign at the annual meeting.
The officers and directors inducted for 2018 Association Board of Directors were: President, Kandy Hines; President-Elect, Stephen Roberts; Treasurer, Andrea Kaiser-Shilston; Secretary, Tommy Stanton; Regional Vice Presidents, Bo Blackwell and Cheryl Ritchie; Immediate Past President, Troy Wilson; and Local Directors, Mark Frenette, John Kimbrough, Jeff McLaurin, Terryl Reeves, Renae Stringer, Cindy Zebryk, Rachel Romash, Christy Hotz, David Kahalley, and Jaime Cooper.
In speaking from the heart, this presidency, I’m just another person, another volunteer who’s committed my time to make this a better place. A better place for me and a better place for all of your guys,” said Hines to the membership. “We’ve accomplished so much, and over the years it’s amazing to see what all we’ve done.
“We’ve all got to continue to move forward—united—with the same message to make a difference. So, it will be my privilege to be part of the association, the board of directors, and your president to move forward. We are dedicated to your REAL success; I’m dedicated to your REAL success.”
About Baldwin REALTORS®
Baldwin REALTORS® is a professional trade association supporting the success and advancement of over 2,000 REALTORS® in the Baldwin County area. Baldwin REALTORS® supports members through professional education, peer networking, and MLS services. We work for the protection of private property ownership and promote the work of our members in the local community. REALTORS® are held to a high standard of conduct by their peers and the National Association of REALTORS® code of ethics.