FEMA Assistance for Individuals and Businesses
On September 20, Alabama was granted a Major Disaster Declaration (DR-4563), which unlocks federal funds to help individuals and communities recover from a natural disaster.
Individuals in Baldwin, Escambia, and Mobile Counties can register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in the following ways:
- First — if you have a homeowner's insurance policy, file your insurance claim immediately, before applying for federal assistance. The faster you file, the faster your recovery can begin.
- Apply online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or through the FEMA app.
- Apply via phone at 1-800-621-3362 (TTY: 800-462-7585). Phone lines are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
- You will need to have the following readily available:
- A current phone number where you can be contacted;
- You address at the time of disaster and the address where you are now staying;
- You social security number, if available;
- A general list of damages and losses; and
- If insured, the insurance policy number, or the agent and company name
Businesses and homeowners may also be eligible for low-interest loans to pay for disaster-related damages. To apply:
- First, register with FEMA at www.DisasterAssistance.gov
- Second, apply online with the Small Business Administration at: www.disasterloanassistance.sba.gov. For one-on-one assistance with applying, call: 1-(800) 659-2955. Offices open Monday through Sunday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Central Time).
- If you are deaf or hard-of-hearing, you may call (800) 877-8339.
- Email questions to FOCE-Help@sba.gov.